If you are unlucky, here’s what to do and not to do in case of jellyfish stings. One thing you should know is that most of jellyfish stings are harmless even if some are really painful and the symptoms spectacular redness, swellings, blisters, discomfort, headaches, weakness, cramps,etc.
8 things to do when you get stung by jellyfish
- + The first thing you need to do is to rinse with sea water.
- + You can also put sand on the damaged area without rubbing the skin.Then wait a little for the sand to dry and rinse again with
- + Sometimes parts of tentacles remain stuck to the skin, do not hesitate to remove them with tweezers.
- + In case of severe stings, apply vinegar or warm seawater on the painful area.
- + It is also possible to take paracetamol pills if the pain is significant.
- + Lavender essential oil is reputable for calm the bites down. So rinse with sea water, then apply 1-2 drops of
lavender essential oil.
- + Biafine, Vaseline, corticosteroid ointments are use to heal burns. You can apply some on the bite once it is rinsed
- + In case of allergy, it is possible to take antihistamines for 2 or 3 days to control the itching.
Things that sould not be done in case of jellyfish stings
- – To urinate, put alcohol or saliva on it.
- – Rinse with fresh water.
- – Rub the affected area.