Learning to scuba dive continues with the Advanced Open Water . If, after obtaining the Open Water Diver level , you want to improve your diving techniques, then this course will meet your expectations. This fun training will allow you to discover new types of diving that prepare you for all types of event in addition to gaining significant experience in the field. Note that the Advanced Open Water Diver from SSI Scuba Schools International, offers an experience and almost similar courses to those at PADI Professional Association of Diving Instructors.
What is Advanced Open Water?
PADI Advanced Open Water is a certification given by the American PADI Federation. This is the most popular and most popular federation to pass the different learning levels. The Advanced Open Water Diver is a direct follow-up to the Open Water level and is therefore a continuation. This course will give you the opportunity to perfect your diving technique and develop your ease under water through 2 imposed dives and 3 dives called Specialty or Adventure. Ultimately, the goal of this course is to provide you with all the elements to make you a diver able to go up to 30 meters deep the maximum depth allowed by PADI with a monitor and 20 meters in total autonomy.
To pass the Advanced Open Water it is necessary to meet certain conditions. First, the diver must have passed and passed the Open Water level . However, he may also hold a recognized qualification given by another federation. This qualification must be at or above the Open Water level. Otherwise, the diver must be at least 15 years of age in order to be authorized to pass the training and to have a medical certificate announcing the non-contra-indication to scuba diving.
L’équipement de plongée
With the Advanced Open Water , you’ll be able to use all the dive gear basic mask, snorkel, fins, regulator, buoyancy compensator diving bottle, diving computer as well as an underwater compass. The equipment will then depend on the three specialty dives you choose. In short, you could use underwater photography equipment, a diving lamp, parachutes, a dry suit, underwater scooters and a variety of other equipment regarding the chosen specialties.
How is the Advanced Open Water?
The Advanced Open Water is composed of three distinct phases:
- – The learning of theoretical knowledge : This learning covers especially specialty dives. This course, will allow you to have all the most critical information for Adventure dives in the best conditions.
- – Two imposed dives : The training seeks to develop your abilities by proposing new ways to dive. Thus, when you pass your Advanced Open Water you must make a total of five dives, two of which are imposed. Among these two imposed dives, we find:
- – An underwater orientation dive : This type of diving is of fundamental importance if one wishes to dive without the accompaniment of an instructor and in total autonomy. At the end of this orientation dive you are supposed to be able to use an orientation scheme, to navigate underwater with or without compass, techniques to mark and find an object or to estimate the distance under water.
- – A deep dive : With the Open Water Diver, you have the capacity to go up to 18 meters deep but with the Advanced Open Water it is possible to go up to 30 meters. This is the opportunity for the diver to discover something mysterious within the seabed. In addition, during a deep dive, there is more chance of seeing unusual things. At the end of this deep dive, you will have all the most appropriate techniques to dive between 18 and 40 meters.
- – Three Adventure or Specialty dives : Those dives are chosen among a catalog of fifteen dives Adventure. You will have the choice between specialties : Fish identification, underwater naturalist, buoyancy control, underwater photography, night diving, search and recovery of objects, drift diving, wreck diving, underwater videography, diving with an underwater scooter, etc. Each specialty has its own advantages. Choose the three specialties that are best for you to complete your training.
L’Advanced Open Water, est un diplôme qui vous fournira des compétences plus poussées en terme de plongée sous-marine. A la fin du cours dans sa totalité vous maîtriserez les aspects pratiques de la plongée profonde, les effets physiologiques de la plongée scaphandre, les différentes façons d’utiliser un compas, estimer une distance et s’orienter sous l’eau, comment utiliser au mieux son ordinateur de plongée et sa table de plongée ainsi qu’une multitude de trucs et astuces en fonction des trois plongées Aventure que vous aurez choisi.
The Advanced Open Water , is a diploma that will provide you with more advanced skills in terms of scuba diving. At the end of the course in its totality you will master the practical aspects of deep diving, the physiological effects of scuba diving, the different ways to use a compass, estimate a distance and navigate under water, how to use at better dive computer and dive table and a lot of tips and tricks according to the three dives Adventure you have chosen.
After your certification?
Once you have obtained your PADI Advanced Advanced Open Water Diver certification, you have two options if you want to progress further as a diver.
This option is for anyone wishing to become PADI Divemaster or Instructor. If this is really your main goal, then you will need to pass the Rescue Diver level. This is, according to the diving community, the most difficult course but also one of the most rewarding. The certified Rescue Diver diver is capable of handling self-rescue, rescuing panicked divers and unconscious divers. They are also very good at recognizing an emergency situation and coping with the stress of other divers, and have a perfect command of the use of emergency equipment.
Master Scuba Diver
This training leads you to be certified PADI Master Scuba Diver . In order to pass the Master Scuba Diver , you must have obtained five diving specialties, the Rescue diver certification and have completed a minimum of 50 dives. This is the highest level for recreational divers. To be certified Master Scuba Diver is to be part of an elite group capable of achieving practically anything underwater and with considerable experience.